Sunday, June 14, 2009

21 & Up

21 young n’ consistently stunnin’
with only goals that shoot upward,
like a smooth silver gun n’ pow!
Goes her dreams, just like the bullet
Toward the sun n’ has no limitations
So she keeps on runnin on the road
Shes always imagined, as life takes a toll
And one day someone tells her…
Hunny Chil’ your getting old.

But grandma I’m young, I’ve got time
don’t you see… I still dance in
The club to the songs they play on MTV.
Well, baby that may be the case, but note:
If a nice young man comes your way, you
Just might want to tag him and call it a day.
. Keep on baby, whicho’
Badd self, wearing your short dresses and
Dancing to the left to the left. You need to
Calm down and pray to God that he sends you
A man of strength courage and wisdom, whose willing to
Give you ONLY a crown.
Not what your attracting, nothing more than a Clown.

No pun intended but I’ve got work to do, this isn’t the
1920’s boo, I wasn’t created to work in the kitchen,
I’ve got student loans to payback, & for that beamer im still Wishin’.
I know where I’m going and I know where I be,
You think I got time to be datin- as if life is free.
Boys are a distraction, I’ve had one once before…
All they do is hurt your heart and throw you out the door.

A true man would never do that to you, while you become better
He will support you, a true man is priceless so, he’ll be able to afford you.
A true man would never lay a hand on you,
But might love to see a specific brand on you.
He takes good care of the family he knows
and has no problem with spiritual growth.
He takes heed to fine art and knows his history, loves
Great travel and a good father to his kids he’ll be.
A true man knows how to communicate and be a good companion.
He knows how to monogamously date and will know when to grab for your hand n’
Even though all of this sounds too good to be true…
As you shake your head in doubt, just know it’ll never happen to you.
I feel sorry for you grandbaby, because at this rate you’ll never know
The heart of a true man, because you’ll be doing your own thing aka ignorant and slow.
That’s what you want right… so go buy some pepper spray so you can put up your own fight. By choosing to do this on your own, you’re waiving your rights to be protected by your knight. While a true man falls in love with a girl you’ll soon despite. But, you’re young and in college, so your methods must be right.


And as those independent always do, eventually pick up the phone to see if he still wants to come through. And he’ll miss her phone call because he’s busy committing and saying I DO.

Well, grandma what you are saying is making me blue… so I must find a man that is faithful and true. I promise I won’t rush, but like you said, if he comes I won’t blush.
If I like him, I’ll take his offer and maybe there’s a chance he’ll be like my father.
I promise to never be afraid of what he might bring and be able to do for me and I for he.
I vow to never break that special bond and wonder like a lost child when he is away.
And only to God I will pray everyday that this true man will look my way, and this may be asking for too much, but please let him please be a tre :).

Learn to trust me as I will for you… I promise you’ll never want or need anything more than what I am willing to give and do for you.

Blogg Deeply,
Me.

No comments: